Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 8: Coming Clean

LOVE those little feet. Berkley's learning the routine.
I put the paper down and she ran over immediately and put her feet on the paper.

Here we are, eight days into this journey, combined with the holiday festivities already beginning and I am T-I-R-E-D!! Today I went for it….3 miles. It sounds so good doesn’t it. I could play the Facebook card and just let it rest at that. You know that card don’t you? Everything looks perfect and like you’ve got it all together when really what it took to get that family photo or that “moment” was more like nailing Jell-O to a wall.


I’m not gonna lie, it was not very pretty today.  In fact, it was just plain ugly. My guess is that the only thing that kept me in the upright position was the jogging stroller. I walked about 90% of it and then pulled into the driveway with a run at the end.


I’m having some issues with the Map My Run app. For some reason when my phone goes into sleep mode, so does the app. Is this normal? Would love to keep track of what I’m doing but maybe this is God’s way of saying, “One step at a time my child. No need for keeping records, this isn’t a race but more like a journey. Take your time and let me continue to chisel you through this process”. Between you and me though, I’m pretty competitive (mainly with just myself) and I like to see how I can out do myself each day. Yes, I know….clink, clink, clink. I hear him hard at work in me.


The me from last week (or maybe even the me of yesterday or the me of an hour ago) would have considered today an epic failure of sorts with the run. When I separated the emotion from today’s run and looked at it from a different perspective, I realized I was my biggest enemy in this one! I was no where near equipped or prepared for my run today.


1.     I had not eaten lunch and for those that know me well, I am not a pleasant person to be around when I am HANGRY!

2.     I was running mid-day during one of the windiest days we have had compiled with a jogging stroller that acted more like a sail. I was convinced we were going to float backwards home.

3.     All 3 wheels of the jogging stroller are almost completely out of air.

4.     My feet ache with every step because the last time I bought new shoes was November 2011, just before my 1/2 marathon.

And…

5.     In an effort to combat the fact there are not enough hours in the day, I have been staying up crazy long hours in order to take a chunk out of my to-do list. Sleep is so yesterday!


I have no doubt that part of God’s work in me is to learn how to rest. I logged on to one of my favorite secret obsessions, Pinterest, and low and behold, this pin came up:

 

 
Talk about meeting me right where I am!

“So let me get this straight my child, you can’t come to me because you are too tired? You say if you read that devotional you will fall asleep? Then try this one on for size. Dive into my word. Allow me to equip you better than you have equipped yourself – not only for your run, but for life. You think that run was difficult without being equipped? Now just imagine jumping into your day without equipping yourself with me first. Wanna try it and let me know how it works for you…oh wait, isn’t that what got you here in the first place."
 
Here is one of my favs I found on the list:

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. 
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
Isaiah 40:28-31

 
Kelly
xoxo

 
To read the rest of the Bible verses listed on the pin, Click Here.
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment