Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vacation to Reality

There’s something to be said for just hanging out in your own home while cradling a hot cup of coffee in your favorite mug. The way your fingers lace through the handle is familiar, comfortable and predictable. I have a few favorite mugs I like to switch between and right now it’s my very colorful painted mug courtesy of Cooper. I will admit though that it’s actually 2:00pm in the afternoon while I sip my coffee. Mind you, we have been up, went to church, came home and now I am back in my PJs and sipping coffee.
 
I haven’t posted in a while as I feel like we have been here there and everywhere and just returned from Manasota Key with my family. It was 8 days of beach living complete with nothing but bathing suits and sand in your bed sheets each night.

 
Now that we are back, I am trying desperately this morning, or shall I say, this afternoon to get motivated to “do life”. The work before and after vacation that ensues makes you wonder if it was all worth it. What’s the saying about love? “Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all”. I have been trying to use that today for vacation. Better to have vacationed and been worn out then to have never vacationed at all. Or another favorite: “I need a vacation from my vacation”.

The first few days were hard to mentally vacation while pondering on the projects, etc. I had left behind at home. God in His infinite wisdom spoke very clearly through my devotional on day #2, when the devotion started off with, “Come away with me for a while. The world, with its nonstop demands, can be put on hold…”. Hmmm, I do believe He knew I needed that one.

I saw many things that made me think, ponder and want to write a blog. You’ll be hearing object lessons for a while about waves, shells, and the shoreline. I’m sure I’ll also be talking for a while about my books I read while away: Fields of Gold by Andy Stanley and Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn. They are both incredible reads that I highly recommend in order to challenge your faith and remind you that all that we are and all that we have belongs to God and we are merely the managers of His gift. So many thoughts and fun/challenging ideas to share.
 
 
 Here’s to 1 more month of summer fun!
Kelly
xoxoxoxo

Sleeping in the Gulf - Betz boys can nap anywhere!




























The Whole Gang!

   

Crazy Cousins: Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, & Thing 4



saying good-bye to vacations and cousins is always a hard thing

 


1 comment:

  1. Like your post! looks like your family enjoyed a lot on the trip. canadian visa is a popular choice for applicants wishing to visit Canada for a temporary period of up to 6 months. I really love family bonding this is a lovely moment to enjoy, i miss my family.

    ReplyDelete