Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Cleaning Domino

OK – I realize I have already posted a blog today. Call me crazy or maybe I’m just trying to make up for lost time. Either way, I had to reach out to other ladies just to make certain for myself (or more importantly for my husband) that I haven’t completely fallen off the wagon.
 

Tonight I reached into the refrigerator to pull out a bag of veggies to cook for dinner. When I pulled out the veggie drawer, I noticed lots of crumbs and thought I should wipe the drawer out, which lead into pulling all of the drawers out and wiping them clean with my vinegar water. The drawers looked so nice that I thought it would be a good idea to wipe down all the shelves inside the fridge too. As you can imagine, this snowballed into emptying every small shelf on the refrigerator door, wiping them clean and then discarding any outdated condiments - which by the way, I recommend doing as you may be surprised as I was to find condiments that expired in 2010 .Yikes! Now here’s my disclaimer, as much as I recommend doing that, you may not want to try it tonight because the snowball will only grow and you too may have the same crazy looks from your husband as I had from mine. He came in from the grill with his contribution to dinner probably expecting to find the veggies cooked and table set but instead, all he found was all of the contents of the refrigerator lying on the kitchen counter including the veggies in their original package that I had pulled out earlier to cook. Oops! I bashfully tried not to make eye contact but instead justify my way out of the mess and lack of dinner by explaining the “service” I was providing to our family by getting rid of the outdated items. Hmmm…not sure he was really buying it though.

Do you ever find yourself in the same predicament? You start into a room to grab something only to discover another project which leads into another project, which leads into your husband coming home from work to find you still in your PJs and every drawer in the home emptied. Your response, “I know dear, but look my closet is finally organized” or “look honey, I fixed the stuck junk drawer”.
 

I can't even begin to touch the surface on bedtime routines and what rabbit holes I fall into that put me to bed at least 1 hour later than the original good night vs. Blane who just says, "I'm giong to bed" and walks into the room, drops his clothes and climbs into bed. I know that I can’t be the only female that suffers from dominoitis around the house? Not a real word yet? Hmm, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until a woman coins this word and makes it real. C’mon ladies, I know you have my back on this one. Remember, confession is good for the soul!


Speaking of....If we are truly confessing, then maybe I should be completely honest and tell you what ensued before the refrigerator makeover. The details I “forgot” to include may have hypothetically involved 2 junk drawers in the kitchen being cleaned out as well as one cabinet getting an overhaul…..hmmmm….did I also fail to mention that the dominoitis has been known to have a direct correlation to procrastinating other items on the day’s to-do list? Remember in my earlier post I mentioned I was “trying to get motivated to ‘do life’ today”?

I suppose "life" will have to wait for tomorrow.


xoxoxo
Kelly
 

P.S. If you think this is bad, never pull out a magic eraser late at night to wipe off that one mark on the wall. Next thing you know you will be cleaning everything from your kitchen cabinets to your kitchen grout until the magic eraser crumbles in your hand. Trust me, it’s happened before. Protect yourself my friends from this very contagious syndrome! J

*Comment from the peanut gallery (a.k.a Blane): I just read this post out loud to my husband who quickly added that the reason I wrote a second blog today was because I was trying to avoid tonight’s dinner dishes that are still in the sink. My thoughts on that one, whatever works to get him to the sink first!

No comments:

Post a Comment