Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rough Equation

At some point you just have to give into the idea that today is just gonna be one of those days! (deep sigh)

I would be embarrassed and incredibly humbled if I showed you my to-do list for today. Pretty disgusting actually. It’s like that saying, “when it rains, it pours”. In fact, I am writing this blog while sequestered to my kitchen while my carpets are being cleaned. Cleaning your carpets you say? Ah yes, because I like the challenge of just adding one more item to my list for the day.

I’m not sure if you are anything like me but the larger my list of responsibilities, the more likely I am to get distracted and clean out that closet I was meaning to clean out months ago or suddenly I think it’s a good time to clean out that junk drawer in my kitchen. Why is that? Today it was peeling the paint from my daughter’s bedroom door. I was walking out of her bedroom when I saw a small piece of paint peeling from her door. I should’ve known better than to pull at it because of course that one small piece resulted in an endless pile of paint that kept coming off the door as if I had just pulled on a lose thread and the whole door was coming unraveled.

my unraveled mess


That unraveling paint had an eerie resemblance to my emotions today. I had not put today’s equation together until the final push to get everyone out the door this morning.

Cooper’s last trike-a-thon at preschool and I can’t be there to cheer for him!
+
Taking Cooper this afternoon to Kindergarten Round Up for the next school year!
+
Coming to the realization that “my baby” is turning 5 tomorrow!
+
Being overly emotional and pregnant!
=
YUP, EMOTIONAL MOMMY MESS!

I suppose it was my sub conscience that put the black dress on this morning. Cooper was gracious enough to let me off the hook and looked at me with one of his adoring smiles and said, “That’s ok Mommy, I’ll be ok at trike-a-thon by myself”. My feelings of having a hole in my super hero mommy cape were quickly replaced with the affection, confidence, and independence of my sweet little boy.

I am hanging up my cape for the day and just taking it by the moments. We can’t be all things to all people all the time but we can sure be someone special in the little eyes of the ones in our presence!

Speaking of ….carpet guy just turned off his machine and the rest of these to-dos can wait till later, I have a trike-a-thon to go catch!

Hang in there Mommies and “Enjoy THIS moment, for THIS moment IS our life!”

Kelly
xoxoxo

Sneak peek at Cooper's Star Wars party prep:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment